Thursday, October 05, 2006

Insects

I gave my cerebral cogs and wheels,
A break to see how it feels
like , to kill a mosquito , (so stupid).
But , there was a transformation so rapid.
I trapped it , I plucked its wings,
Never bothering about the bad luck it brings.
The mosquito twitched,
And I switched
Back the mosquito its meals.

Then came along , a Bee, with a mere
Wish to get into my right ear
My earlobe shook with fury ,
as the Bee buzzed with glory.
It’s Panache gave me an explanation
That the fly in possession ,
would attract it’s whole band .
And thus , I moved my hand .
And the fly sank back in fear.

A long , green dragonfly,
then came passing by..
Although I’d no intension to disturb it ,
On my square chest , it did hit.
It didn’t bother me much :
There was no pain as such.
I was busy doing math ,
The fly was least inviting my wrath .
What’s e + i ? pi ?

Then came an ant , all alone ,
As if I’d smeared myself with pheromone.
It bit my finger and continued it’s journey ,
I didn’t feel anything : ain’t this irony ?
Alas! My reaction time was doubled
And anger , through me bubbled.
It had gone under my pant,
when I pressed the poor ant .
It died , and I continued relishing my Ice-cream cone.

No comments: