Thursday, October 05, 2006

THE SCARY DREAM

I take a local train daily,
To and fro, I go, reading Arthur Hailey.
However, my journey’s seldom good,
I keep dreaming things I never should.

Whenever I near that station,
I get nervous, A cry of accusation
I feel I’m entering a desert,
A lifeless place, I assert.
A black curtain draws itself in
Before me, my heart stops within.

The woman mumbles about the next station,
I wake up at this occasion.
The curtain melts, revealing an omen:
I watch, as tens of Burkha-clad women
Enter the dilapidated compartment.
I visualize Satan signing the parchment.

The train still waits; the place is so green,
With the moon and stars around, yet is ne’er clean.
The cry of the chicken haunts me all night,
Till dusk I think about it, until I get a fright,
I rise, I brush my teeth and I go to sleep again,
The same dream haunts me, till I go insane!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Harsha,
this is great.

I never knew you had so much of talent. Enjoyed all posts especially Insects and musikphysics.
Keep going with all your ideas.
wonderful to know my nephew has a very good language.
want you to become a great writer in future.
all your very best.
write more.
sumathy periamma